ELIGIBLE HOUSEHOLD BUILDINGS
The types of residences which are eligible for subsidy through the Program are: a detached house
- Detached house: one single building comprising of only one property, plus any annexes thereto, on one or more levels, in one single lot or plot of land (not a part thereof on the basis of an act establishing a “vertical or horizontal property” according to Greek legislation).
, a block of flats
-Block of flats: one single building or complex of buildings, comprising more than one properties, either on the basis of an act establishing a “vertical or horizontal property”, according to Greek legislation, or not.
(for the part which concerns all building apartments), or an independent apartment
- Apartment: a property in a block of flats, used as a residence.
which meets the following criteria:
- Is located in areas with a zone price1 lower than or equal to 2,100 €/sq.m., as set by 31.12.2009.
- Has a building permit. If there is not a building permit a relevant legalization document must be provided, which verifies that the building is legal2. In cases when the building permit has been lost or the relevant documents, on the basis of which the above mentioned legalization document can be issued, are not readily available, the relevant permit and legalization document can be submitted to the Bank before signature of the loan agreement.
- Has been classified, according to the Energy Performance Certificate (EPC), as lower than or equal to class D.
- It has not been marked for demolition.
1 Zone Price as shown on the Single Real Estate Fee (ETAK) or in the electricity bill of Public Power Corporation ΔΕΗ or other provider. Where supporting documentation indicates that no zone price has been set in accordance with the objective values of the Ministry of Finance in the area where the property is located (e.g. in areas not included in town plans or settlement boundaries), the minimum zone price applicable in the area of the first level Local Authorities will be taken into account or, if no zone price has been set in this area, the minimum zone price applicable in the Prefecture where the property is located.
2. Eligible buildings are also considered, those which refer to paragraph 2 of article 23 of N. 4014/11 (FEK A’ 209) (…..pdf), as applied.
An eligible residence is a detached house, a block of flats (the part which concerns all building apartments), or an independent apartment.
- An independent apartment is eligible, provided its heating system is controlled by the apartment tenant (autonomy within a central system or a system used exclusively for the needs of the apartment), or a relevant proposal is submitted within the framework of the Program.
- A block of flats, including all the apartments of the building, is an eligible residence, provided the following criteria are met:
- At least 50% of its individual properties (apartments or other) are used as residence. However any properties that are not used as residences (e.g. a store on the ground floor of the building) are not eligible.
- On the basis of a decision by the general assembly, a relevant application is submitted by a person representing all apartment owners, providing evidence that the building meets the eligibility criteria, as well as individual applications by each apartment owner, who wants to participate in the Program.
- An Energy Performance Certificate is submitted for the entire section of the building used for residential purposes.
Only one application can be submitted for each eligible residence. Submitting more than one application for the same eligible residence, by the same person or another co-owner, will result to the rejection of all applications.
Within the above framework, not more than one application may be submitted for the same block of flats. Submitting more than one application for block of flats
- Block of flats as a whole building: All the apartments in a block of flats.
will result to the rejection of all applications.
Verification for meeting the above conditions concerns all applications submitted to the Program.